Hello! I’m Nhi from LiveLove-Learn.com and I’m so excited to be working with Laura for this post. We have come up with our favorite must-have items and helpful tips that you’ll need on your next planned vacation, be it the Paris, New York or a remote beach in Fiji. You can also check out Laura’s post to read more about her favorite essentials for the perfect city getaway. From helpful apps to practical tips and items, she’s got the perfect list for you:
Whenever I travel, whether it’s for 1 week or 1 month, I prefer traveling with only a carry-on and a backpack or purse. Many things dictate this: the risk of it getting lost/delayed, ridiculous baggage fees, damaged items. Though there are times when I have decided to check in my carry-on at the gate complimentary due to full flights. However, if I am traveling internationally, I usually prefer not to as my bag has gotten lost and delayed twice now. With that being said here are my top essentials for a week away for any summer trip or tropical paradise!
10 Things to pack in my carry-on:
- 2-3 rompers and/or dresses (with 1 being able to be dressed up for a night out)
- 3 tops/blouses
- 2-3 bottoms: shorts or skirts (I prefer shorts as they can double for hiking purposes)
- 1-2 bikinis/swimwear (depending on if it’s predominately a beach getaway or not)
- 1 beach towel if you’ll be staying at a rental that does not provide one
- 1 pair of flip flops (useful on many occasions)
- 1 pair of nice flats or low-heeled sandals that can also double as comfortable walking shoes and going-out shoes
- Nude and/or black undergarments since they tend to match everything
- Basic toiletries (sunscreen is a must have here) & very little makeup that is sweatproof and/or waterproof
- A waterproof bag to keep all my belongings safe with me when I’m in the water or if I choose to do any boat like excursions. (Phones, cameras, wallet, etc…)
Some may be thinking, that’s not nearly enough! Remember you have to mix-match your tops and bottoms to create multiple outfits and maximize its use. Neutral pieces work best, but 1 or 2 colorful pieces can also a nice touch when paired with a neutral piece. If all else fails, well, that’s when I utilize myself as another packing method. I simply wear things that are chunkier to pack or things I think I might need, such as a chambray button-down, a light cardigan, a jacket or jeans for unexpected chilly days/nights. I’ll layer my tops since I can always take it off if needed, but planes tend to always be on the chillier side for me.
Things I wear on myself through the airport:
- 1 pair of long pants/jeans + a comfy tee + chambray shirt
- A pair of walking shoes – If you don’t own a pair of Toms, I am in love with them for this purpose. Casual, cute and it goes well with just about anything! Plus they work well for easy to moderate hikes if needed.
- 1 light jacket/cardigan
- My favorite large brimmed hat (because they will be squished if packed!)
- My favorite beach bag
Don’t forget to stop by to say hello and check me out on Social Media 😊
Author: Nhi Tran